Monday, December 29, 2008

NFL Playoffs

So now with the playoff picture in the NFL set, its time to make some predictions:

AFC: round 1: My Ravens are hot and improving, that's enough for them to beat the feel-good dolphins. The Chargers are also hot and are maybe the most talented team in the AFC even without Shawne Merriman, they will beat the colts.
round 2: These two top teams are weak, and the wild cards have been doing great in the playoffs over that last few years, so with that, I am calling both wild cards winning, Chargers will beat Steelers and My beloved Ravens and Joe Flacco will beat the Titans (I know we lost earlier this year to them but we're a much better team now then we were before, and the titans seem to have come back down to earth).
round 3: As much as it hurts me to say it, in my senerio, I think the Chargers would beat my Ravens and go to the Super Bowl.

NFC: round 1: The feel good Falcons will kill the struggling Cardinals, their offense is great but the falcons are for real, and will win. The Eagles are comming in hot and McNabb is the man, as long as Andy Ried (who is the most overrated head coach in the league) doesn't screw it up, the eagles will beat the Vikings pretty easily.
round 2: As good as the Falcons have been this year, the Giants are experienced and savy and will give Matt Ryan and the Falcons fits as they cruise to victory. The Panthers have everything you look for in a championship team, a running game, a good defense, and a passing game that can get the job done, and a great coaching staff. They have no weaknesses, so while it won't be easy, they will beat the Eagles and move to the next round.
round 3: Although both teams are really good, I think that the Giants will ultimatly miss Plaxico Burress and it will catch up with them in this game. The Panthers are too good, and they will win this matchup inspite of what happend in the regular season.

Super Bowl pick: The two conferences are opposite this year. The AFC is bottom heavy, where I think whoever wins the Chargers-Colts matchup will get to the Super Bowl. The NFC however is going to come down to those two top teams with the Eagles the only real challenger. I think the Giants and Panthers are too good though, and one of them will ultimatly get to the Super Bowl.

That being said, I do belive it will be Chargers vs. Panthers and the Panthers will win because their running game is too good and they don't have any weaknesses that the Chargers can exploit. If the Giants end up getting here, they also would beat whoever comes out of the AFC.

What I want to see: Ofcourse, I would like to see my Ravens make it here, but it would be especially nice if they were playing the Falcons. Imagine the headlines, rookie head coaches and rookie quarterbacks going up against eachother would be GREAT to see. Plus, I'm interested to see if a dogfight will be the halftime entertainment...how fitting would that be? Also, is it just me or does Mike Smith look like a slightly younger John McCain? Will he start off his halftime and/or pregame speach to his team with "My friends..."? Just imagine the possibilities...

No comments:

Post a Comment