Tuesday, January 13, 2009

NFL Playoffs III

So I was 1/4 with predictions last week in the NFL Playoffs, the one I got right though, is really the only one I cared about (my Baltimore Ravens)! Anyways, for this week, in the NFC I think the Eagles will beat the Cardinals, Larry Fitzgerald might run wild, but Warner will be under pressure all day and will not have time to go deep, and McNabb will be able to exploit Arizona's young secondary to make the throws necessary to win. The only thing about the Cardinals is that they remind me of the Colts when they won the super bowl, could score, and found their defense in the playoffs. I think the Colts were better though, and the Eagles will prevail and go to the Super Bowl.

In the AFC, and maybe I am biased, but I am predicting the Ravens to beat our arch rivals Pittsburgh and go to the super bowl! First, the Ravens were very impressive against the Titans (even with the lucky break on the play clock...), this is not the same team that lost in the regular season to the Titans and this is not the same team that lost to the Steelers twice in the regular season. Joe Flacco is growing before our very eyes and Ray Lewis will have this team ready to play. Big Ben is definitely banged up and I believe, will struggle against the Ravens defense. The thing that concerns me is the Steeler defense, and the fact that Pittsburgh is more rested then the Ravens are. But I think Flacco has grown to the point that he can navigate his way through this game, and adrenalin should be able to help the Ravens.

Eagles vs. Ravens, WE'RE READY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment